Wednesday, April 2, 2014

All of Me

It has been awhile since I have blogged and I have learned a ton of stuff with age comes wisdom.  Seriously it begins to just wash over you.  When you realize that everything is bigger than you you gain perspective.  Life is all about perspective. For a while there I was thinking life was all about money, who you knew, or what you know.  It isnt.  It is more about family.  It is about happy.  It is about crossing the river.

My son is going through chaos of his own creation.  I, being the supportive and overly protective mom I am, stepped into the middle of his storm.  I handled that wrong. He is an adult now and I have to let him fight his own battles.  I need to be there for him but not to be his mouth piece. This chaos has put him in battle with some inner demons that I can't fight and it has made him become reclusive even with family. I tried to make him see things from a different perspective and he just could/can not left go of the angry perspective.  So for my well being I have let him dig his own hole.

My daughter has blossomed!  She is completely coming into her own.  I am proud of the things she wants to do and of the things she is learning on her own. 

My husband and I have found for the most part our happy again....took some time but we are back to laughing together and wanting to plan things to do and all is well.

Hubby even after 15 years found the perfect "our song" and since I have been constantly sending him verses via texts and facebook.  HA

I am learning to that even though I love my sisters completely they are people in their own right and have families that do not have to incorporate me and my children.  This was difficult for me because I wanted Christmas all year long and that is just not going to be. 

My dad is also doing ok.  I wish he would stop with the pride and just move in with one of us already, but until then we all help him out.

My friends are very important to me.  The each hold something special to me and I am grateful for their perspectives, probably more than I let them know.  They have become integral in my life.   I need there support, advice, shoulder, laughter, and wine. 

So recently I learned about perspective.  My dad has a wealth of knowledge!!  I need to record him more often it is a necessity! He told my reclusive son...you fear crossing the river because you think you might miss something while crossing the river, just cross the damn river. 
He told him Do not rush to things they are going to happen when they are going to happen. 
He told him Dont work overtime that extra money doesnt compensate for the time you lose looking for a better job or time to be with your family.
My favorite Dad told my son Be around people whom you know you can be very easily be their leader.  <<<thats a gem right there.

Then my son said "Papa I think I know too much" Dad without hesitation said You dont know anything. <<<BAM

As I sat there listening to the wisdom that was being set out at my dining room table I gained a new perspective.  I have my happy.

No comments: