Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Judges can be funny!

I woke up early today cause I had jury duty and just like that the alarm went off and I hit snooze, which turned out not to be snooze really and I woke up thirty minutes later than I had planned. Not enough for a perfect morning right?? SO I get together fast and grab my book; thankyoucurlyheadedfriendlikeI'dgosomewhere,whereIknowI'llhavesilenceandnotbringalongabook!, rush to the vehicle get my coffee and jump on the freeway only to remember that it is closed down! So I have to take the long way down there and make it just in time to register for duty. I wouldn't want to be a no show and have to go back down there to pay ten dollars for parking!
I sit next to a nice looking older man, who is reading the newspaper. Then the lady comes on the speaker and says "if you are not a citizen or you are a felon please come to the window because you may not sit on a jury." Yep, nice man gets up never to return. A judge comes into the densely populated room and asks us to do a survey for him because he and his partner are d doing some research on how television habits effect a juror's decision. Like it's not like CSI. Pffffftt. (funny one of the questions was whether or not we believed that Southeastern Michigan had a crime lab that did fingerprints and DNA, seriously. I know we are broke now but didn't our state pay for that kind of stuff before we were broke?)
Then I got called up there! To the forth floor. Where I was a bit scared cause outside of the courtroom were three thug looking teens. I just know they were there scoping out the jurors to help their homie out! Don't ask how I know they were thugs, I was born and bred in the hood, I know what to look for. Thank GOD I didn't walk into their homies courtroom. I was lucky and got some married man who got some teen girl drunk then raped her. Yeah he was guilty as the sky was blue.
The judge was so damn funny! He needs to write a book or do a skit. He said that he babbled a lot and if we couldn't handle it we could lay on his floor and say "judge I can't handle it anymore." I was so close like twice. But he kept me laughing and it wasn't so bad.
Nice to mention it was freaking freezing today, the kind of freezing that your nose hairs freeze and break off! Yep it was that kind of cold.

1 comment:

christine said...

i know! its been painfully cold and who wants to leave the house GO DOWNTOWN and pay $10 to park! yuck!!!!!

hahaha...curly friend/book skit! youre a comedian too!

oh cmon..you aint afraid of no thug! i love surveys and funny people! youre gonna be my stunt stand in should i get called for duty..