Monday, December 10, 2012

How to Get a New Dishwasher and Princess asked "Is Santa Real"

So Happy Weekend everyone and in the infamous words of CHF, per FB, " There arent enough days in the weekend" 
This weekend flew by...Some Christmas shopping..done<<ly
wants a new puter but doesn't want me to pick it out cause I'll get the wrong one.   WTF....Gift card for Hubby! CHECK
 Gift cards are brilliant by the way...I pick the store they pick what they want....so my Son also got a gift card!   I do plan to go get him a punching bag and I bought him some jeans.

I have my brother in law to buy for and the man my other sister is living in sin with.  At Turkey day we drew names for a gift exchange...sorta...there was wine involved...we drew names then some people didnt want their names in the drawing then they did then, we drew names then no one wanted to do it...We went home...BUT the name drawing was not for not, after I left baby sister called me and said the name draw gift exchange was ON!   like Donkey Kong.   I have to tell Hubby it is on  *sigh*

Hubby may not want to spend more money right now because

1.) I got a new dishwasher! On Saturday my dishwasher puked all over the kitchen..not without warning...it was trying to tell me for a week it did not feel well...plus Hubby kept calling her bad names...so she died.  The funeral was quick:  Hubby could not get it out of the house fast enough.  There were many versions of the F-Bomb being dropped  <<< that was my cue...so I texted a friend to get some strawberries and meet me at my Baby sisters house STAT...I've got wine!! Some hours later, Hubby bought the biggest and best dishwasher and installed it...by eleven p.m. I had a load of dishes in!!



2.)Mom-in-Law got a new TV.  Hubby bought his dad a new tv last year and he felt he had to get his mom one...so he did.

3.) HE STILL HAS TO GET MY GIFT!!! Trust me he tried to say the new dishwasher was my gift...then I flipped out.  He now understands that if I have no gift under the tree to open come Christmas morning....life will be really bad....Happy Wife....Happy Life.  Read this Hubby

This brings me to the question no parent wants to hear. Not really.

While Hubby is cursing up a storm in the kitchen Princess sits next to me on the couch.                             She says:
"Mom, this is real talk. I don't want you to lie to me I just want to know the truth and this is serious, Is Santa Real?" 

jawdropped....I yelled for Hubby.

I turned to Hubby and said to Princess "Go ask your daddy that question"
People there isn't enough wine in the world.   Princess is our last child and we need to extend this farce for as long as we can!  We need the Christmas magic!!   AND I just bought the damn   ELF ON THE SHELF to help me keep some magic in the house!!  Once Santa isn't real then innocence is gone...there goes the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, cupid, leprechaun. No more Magic, No more Elfs, No more traps (see the awesomeness of this trap! )

Hubby handled it nicely I think:
He said to Princess :" Of course there is a Santa!!  Do you think I wrap all those gifts and put them  under the tree??  I don't have time to do all that!  Of course there is a Santa!  Who is telling you there isn't??  There is a Santa!"
Princess jumped up into Hubby's arms and said:  "I love you Daddy!"
Maybe she will know the truth next year....JUST A MAYBE.

                            

No comments: