Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Walking Dead, Drug Abuse and Depression

I get feeling depressed....but to me it is a fleeting emotion.  Much like happy or sad...or wanting to kill the Elf on the Shelf.  I think I understand what the person feels, I just do not understand how the person cannot get past that hump to where  it gets better.  Like the song says I can see clearly now the rain is gone. I have felt down, overwhelmed (hell right now I feel overwhelmed), even felt that sometimes it could never get worse.  Then it does or doesn't get worse and I'm no worse for the wear. *insert rainbows and butterflies here*
So I do what any normal person does who does not understand something....I goggled it. :)
Yeah that was no help.   I just don't get it.  Google says it can get really bad and lead to suicide. But it is not something you can help someone with...they have to help themselves.  Thanks Google.  It did mention a few times that depression can lead to drug abuse.  Shut the front door!  Makes perfect sense.  If I thought all was lost anyways why not just abuse drugs? Live life like a zombie.  << I say this because I've known some people that abuse drugs...they all have a common look and now that I have watched the first season of The Walking Dead (I know. I'm slow. I am 40) I can say  with certainty "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa are zombies!" These Zombies are making genetically engineered salmon!!  Have you read about this??? 
Anyways back to what I was saying about not understanding how anyone would ever chose to look like a zombie? which is after all what happens when you abuse drugs... you look like The Walking Dead.  Just say NO. 

Ain't to proud to beg for some comments....

No comments: