Friday, September 24, 2010

Finding food on 8 Mile Rd

Is the most exhausting feat in the world!! Are you kidding me?? I can get liquor and not just liquor but the cheapest liquor in town on each corner but no PIZZA!!! Welcome to da hood!!! You cannot eat but you can get drunk!! Whilst my downriver curly headed friends are deciding where they'd like to eat cause there is food on every corner.

The is a deli called The Bread Basket a couple of blocks down. So excited was I that this place existed!! They had an on line menu so I happily order for my co-worker, who does not have curly hair, that I call asap.
Order the sammies.
Me: I'd like the club, but a half order.
guy on phone: We don't do halves.
Me: Okay I'll take the 6 oz
guy on phone: They are called minis
Me: that isn't what your menu says!!
haha
guy on phone: you know you've called the one on Grd River

Palm to forehead
ME: no I wanted the one down the street....
guy on phone: Don't worry I'll call and give them your mini orders!
ME: Really?!? Cool!!

So I go down the street to pick up our minis...
and I get the "She's here!! She's here!!"

**brownpapaerbag*** A bit embarassed but I took a bow and grabbed my food

My club sandwich is six inches tall
The onion rings are divine!!! They are huge and nothing is better than huge food. All Americans know this :)

No comments: