Thursday, July 10, 2008

38?? WTF??

Yesterday was my birthday. Two of my loving family members including my hubby said I was 38, now nothing about those who are 38 but that's not me... not yet anyways. So that started my day with a bang. Thanks. Don't people know that once you hit 30, the big three 0, it is tough to spit out your age! Of course after thirty you forget things more easily and when someone randomly asks your age you continue to be 29 but not on purpose. I'm going to be forty soon enough making me thirty eight early on your clock is not changing the fact. Not for me. I was never one of those teens that wanted to "look older" I was always content with the fact that I come from good genes, Mom & Dad never looked their ages and I am happy with that. In five days I become the parent of a sixteen year old **this is me fainting at the thought** He will be wanting his license and truth be told I'm scared about that!
Back to my birthday, no cake. I personally don't care for cake anywho but I think my little one wanted some cake or balloons or something that she could relate to a birthday for me. No cake. I had dinner with Dad and that was cool. I did get some gifts...including a certain recycled card from a certain curly headed friend...wink wink. I swear in twenty years that card will still be in the mailbox!
For the record I am celebrating the seventh anniversary of my twenty nineth birthday!!

1 comment:

christine said...

7th anniversary of 29th birthday..youre a hoot! wow..me just saying "hoot" ages me! look on the brite side..you will ALWAYS be younger than me!! at least youre 30 something..i'm 40 something..i say 40 ish.. trust me, getting older is not for wimps!