Monday, July 14, 2008

Highlights are like crack

With all the wonderful surgical miracle procedures there are in this land of fake beauty, there is only one thing I can not do without....getting my hair did!! I know I know it's not major like lipo but it is life changing!! Born a brunette, without highlights, I've been all the colors of the rainbow in the last decade! Thanks to my fav hair magician, Liz. Let me tell you she can make you fabulous and still keep up on all the gossip at least in southeastern Michigan and not skip a beat. Now the amount of time it takes to make you fabulous is a bit long, but well worth the wait. If Diddy can make all those wanna be singers walk fifty miles in the Bronx after midnight for a piece of cheesecake then I can definitely wait four hours for fabulous hair. just saying.
What I've learnt of the different colors of hair and the way they shape my life. Blond is without a doubt WAY MORE FUN! Men, in general, tend to flock to the golden locks and assume you need help with EVERYTHING! Brunettes not so much. Blonds drink for free anywhere they go period. Brunettes not so much. On the plus side of being a buxom Brunette is the fact that brains come along with the hair shade.
So highlights have been my crack for the better part of the last decade. I love them for the first month. They always make you feel better about everything. Highlights are like crack...you get that feeling of euthnasia when they are done right. You're on a high for well like four weeks, until those roots start to show. Then there is the amazing sex with hubby cause afterall you look like a new woman after a good highlight job. Well, it looks like this Friday I'll be doing an after hours hair date with a certain curly headed friend who will without a doubt change ABSOLUTELY nothing about her hair, well because she is after all already blond, but at least she brings alcohol and makes us laugh.

1 comment:

christine said...

i'm getting hi-lites too! and a trim! and my brows done! i too, will get beautified, caught up on gossip..spend time with my friends and have a cocktail! good times! so dont say absolutely nothing..and somehow..i wont get amazing sex out of the deal! wtf??? maybe i should go brunette!