Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fake Toenails: Friend or Foe?

My Dad's GF for life, had called me one afternoon and was telling me about her fabulously fake toenails! I, of course, was rolling on the floor laughing! First thought in my head was GHETTO FABULOUS! (Unlike Flavor Flav, Ghetto is not a derogatory word to me) Dad's GF mailed me a box of them to my work. Haha. Not wanting to waste and entire box of these fake toenails, I put them on. It was easy smeasy. Okay, not really but I did manage to get most of the glue on the toenail, well at least more on the toenail than on my fingers. There was the one nail that was a total bitch to get on so I added tons of the glue to the toenail and my finger stuck to my fake nail. However with all my TAWANDA strength I managed to rip my finger from the clutches of my fake toenail.
ME: 9 FAKE TOENAILS: 1
All my friends loved them!! Except one curly headed friend who shall remain nameless. They really did look good! They had a french manicure and all that. I wore my open toed shoes with Ghetto Fabulous pride! Then night fell. Do you have any idea how hard it is to cover up your toes when they have fake nails on them? It's crazy! Any move of the blankie makes it feel like you are trying to rip off the fake nail...which you aren't trying to do at all. Could you imagine what it would look like with only nine fabulously fake toe nails on? Yes we found that out the next morning....no worries cause there are extra fake nails in the box!! There is even a tad bit more glue.
Over all I give the fake toenails a must have four stars. There are cheap and easy (sounds like a hooker) to put on. Taking them off.....well that's another story!

2 comments:

christine said...

foe!
fake toenails are just..wrong!

love,

curly haired girl...

Dianna said...

make that one curly haired girl and one big-boobed girl who disapprove...

:big:

xoxo